Colle di Val d’Esla…Day 2

Colle di Val d’Esla…Day 2

posted in: Uncategorized | 12

I got up early and decided to wander the areas that most people don’t go and see what I could find interesting. I immediately got caught up with the wood doors.

image

The town is divided the bridge. Back in medieval times it was two separate towns and many battles ensued. Having a draw bridge cam in handy. Walking down under the bridge was interesting.

image

Back on the bridge gave ne a good view of my B&B and the garden where we have breakfast.

image

The front doors are all different and each one special. From elaborate to simple.

image

There is a beautiful church on each side of the bridge. This is the largest so I assume that you hat was the sid that had the weathly residents.

image

I prefer the smaller of the two.

image

I started a new hobby about six months ago to get my off all the stuff I was doing, coloring. I really enjoy it and I love putting the colors together.  I’m not an artist, can’t draw or paint but this is creative in its own way.  I found a great public area that was calling my name.

image

i found a nice restaurant with an outdoor patio and loomed to have mostly the locals. So that was for me.

image

I ordered a very tasty pasta with anchovies, fried tomatoes and ricotta cheese.  Loved it!image

12 Responses

1. colleen

Sally,

Thank you for the blog’s. Very interesting, beautiful, educational and make me hungry!

Very nice, enjoy!

Colleen

• sally carrocino

Thank you so much Colleen. That’s a great complement coming from you who has such great taste.

2. Char.

Love the door look. We noticed them too. I agree with the small church look too. Even in the USA I prefer a smaller church and in Florida our church has grown so big I am lost in it but the sermons are so good I hate to leave. Of course not fancy and beautiful like Italy…

• sally carrocino

These churches were done when there were many craftsman in all area. Plus the church was the center of every town where everyone went

3. Eric

Looks very relaxing..very jealous!! Keep having a good time!

Eric

4. Gemma

It looks like you really did a lot in just a few days!

5. Richard

You now have past the test!!!
    You are now my tour guide for ever.
    Sally this is great. I know u are having a wonderful time. You deserve it.

It is great going on your journey with u
    Richard(Dick)

• sally carrocino

Thank you so much. I am so happy to know you are on this ride.

6. cheryl anastasiades

Oh Sally , this all looks so beautiful , and definitely feeds the soul…sitting there must be so peaceful .More please !!!!!

7. Michele

Loved seeing the photos and hearing about your adventures! So proud of you….I tell everyone I know about your adventure. Still miss you dearly and planning a visit in the future I hope.

• sally carrocino

Thank you so much Michele. I value your opinion so much.
      Miss you and know I will see you at some point so I hat makes me happy.

8. Rosann

Sally, this is amazing, Too think of all the beauty in doors!!! You really are having a very educational time as well as enjoying all the beauty and good food. I love following your blog and am so happy I can get it.
    Love,